Comcast is meeting the high demands of today’s technology with its Cell Backhaul Service. As the demand for smart phones, wireless air cards, and 3G and 4G networks increases, more and more carriers depend on Comcast to help handle their growing demands for network bandwidth while reducing the costs associated with it.
Cell Backhaul is available in both a Single-Tier and Two-Tier solution to help fit your needs.
Single-Tier Architecture Features
- Ethernet to each cell site from the MSC (Mobile Switching Center)
- Transport combined onto one pipe
- Data packetized for more efficient transport
Two-Tier Architecture Features
MEF 9, MEF 14, MEF 18 Certified
- Two Backhaul Segments:
- Microwave Backhaul – aggregates traffic from multiple Cell Sites
- Fiber-Based Backhaul – ring protection between the Aggregation/Hub site and the MSC