Here is a list of the most commonly asked questions for Business Phone. If you have any other questions, please contact us. What is a phone line?back to top
Similar to an analog phone system you may have at home, your digital business phone line from Comcast represents a single phone line and phone number, which can be expanded based on your business’s needs. Can I keep my existing phone number?back to top
Yes, you can transfer any telephone number (including toll-free lines) to a Business Voice plan – full-featured or basic. Can I keep my current Long Distance carrier(s) and take Business Voice for Local calling only?
back to top
Comcast only offers a combined unlimited Local / Long Distance call package to maximize your savings. Selection of other carriers for any type of long distance is not possible. How many extensions can a single phone line have?back to top
Each Business Voice line can serve as an extension, so the number of extensions you desire depends on the amount of phone lines your business has – full-featured or basic. How many voice mail boxes can a single phone line have?back to top
Each Business Voice line can have one voice mailbox, and can be added to any full-featured phone line. Can a single line be used to call a number of phones?back to top
Yes, a full-featured Business Voice line can be set up to ring several phones, using features such as Hunt Group, or Call Forwarding – depending on how you want to set up your system. Can I forward calls from my Comcast number to a non-Comcast phone numbers?back to top
With Call Forwarding from your Business Voice service, you can forward calls to any U.S. telephone number. This includes mobile and landline telephones, Comcast and non-Comcast subscribers. You can use either Call Forwarding Selective, or Call Forwarding Variable to meet your needs. Can I have calls forwarded to international numbers?back to top
Yes, you can have calls forwarded to international numbers using the same method as you would use to forward calls to domestic numbers. When forwarding calls to international numbers, please note:
The courtesy call that is placed when setting up Call Forwarding Variable (*72) must be answered. Customers are liable for any charges that arise from calls forwarded overseas. In some countries charges may apply even if the call is not answered and the phone simply rings. Can I add a toll-free number, or several, to a Business Voice plan?back to top
Yes, Comcast Business supports toll-free numbers and can be added to any phone plan – full-featured, or basic. What services does Comcast have for customers with special needs?back to top
Comcast Business Voice is committed to providing accessible services to our customers with special needs.
Do I need any special equipment for my Business Voice digital service?back to top
- 711 abbreviated dialing for users of the relay system in compliance with all applicable federal regulations
- We are a Provider of Choice in all Telecommunications Relay Service centers as required by the Federal Communications Commission
- Supports the use of teletypewriters (“TTY”) and telecommunications devices (“TDD”) for customers with a hearing or speaking disability
- We have a Special Needs Group that answers TTYs and TDDs for customers and provides additional assistance, such as reading requested documents to visually impaired customers
- Provide free domestic Directory Assistance calls and waive operator surcharges for customers with disability certification upon request
- Provide Braille and Large Print bills to customers upon request
Comcast provides an equipment fee that is required to deliver service on premises. This is included in the $9.95 flat equipment fee.