Comcast Business VoiceEdge Now Available in California
Cloud-Based Voice Service Improves Mobility and Efficiency for Local Businesses; Provides Full Suite of Unified Communications FeaturesDownload this article as a PDF >
Livermore, CA – September 17, 2012 – Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK), one of the nation's leading providers of information and communications products and services, today announced that Comcast Business VoiceEdge™, a cloud-based voice and unified communications solution, is now available in California. Fully managed over Comcast’s network, Business VoiceEdge eliminates the need for expensive on-site PBX equipment or key systems, provides a predictable monthly cost, and delivers high service quality to improve communications and productivity.
Comcast Business VoiceEdge also provides a full suite of unified communications (UC) features and high definition (HD) voice quality, helping today’s multi-site organizations and mobile workforces communicate more efficiently. The service will be available throughout Northern and Central California including San Francisco, San Jose, Sacramento, Fresno, Monterey and Stockton. The service is now offered across 20 states in Comcast’s network, with availability in additional Comcast markets to be completed by the end of 2012.
“Northern and Central California have a diverse, technology-rich economy that attracts businesses of all kinds, many of which view voice services as a critical part of their daily operations,” said Ted Girdner, vice president at Comcast Business Services, California region. “The addition of our cloud-based voice service allows us to provide our customers with a wide range of reliable, cost-effective services that they need to be successful whether they are a local realtor’s office or a large software company with multiple sites.”
Business VoiceEdge enables Comcast, which recently received the top ranking in the Infonetics 2012 North America Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard, to provide customers with an affordable solution with unlimited nationwide calling, state-of-the-art Polycom phones at no additional charge, HD audio, and advanced UC and mobility features, including:
- Be Anywhere: Lets workers live the one number lifestyle by integrating their work line with their mobile device, home office or other locations to have calls follow them or push/pull them between devices without having to disconnect and then reconnect the call.
- Voicemail-to-email: Voice messages conveniently reach “anytime, anywhere” workers when away from the office or working remotely by sending a copy of the voicemail to their email.
- Telephony Toolbar: A downloadable client that enables click-to-dial and service management from within Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Business Voice Continuity: Redirect calls to back-up numbers if there is a power outage or other on-site issues to keep business operating.
- Multi-Location Simplicity and Commonality: On-net calling between sites using extensions, unified calling experience, add new locations quickly, and share call handling (receptionist, hunt groups and auto attendants) across offices.
More information on Business VoiceEdge and Comcast’s full suite of voice and unified communications offerings can be found here.
About Comcast Business Services:Comcast Business Services, a unit of Comcast Cable provides advanced communication solutions to help organizations of all sizes meet their business objectives. Through a modern, advanced fiber network that is backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast delivers Business Internet, Ethernet, TV and Voice services for cost-effective, simplified communications management.
For more information, call 1-800-391-3000.
About Comcast Cable:Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) (www.comcast.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services. Comcast is principally involved in the operation of cable systems through Comcast Cable and in the development, production and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and other content for global audiences through NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. Comcast is the majority owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.
Download this article as a PDF >
Davies Murphy Group
Sorry, we are unable to confirm your availability. Check your information and try again.
While we offer service in most areas, please use this tool to make sure there’s availability near you.