Cloud-Based Voice Service Improves Mobility and Efficiency for Local Businesses
DENVER, CO – May 21, 2013
– Comcast Business, a unit of Comcast Cable, the nation’s largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to business and residential customers, today announced that Comcast Business VoiceEdge™
, a cloud-based voice and unified communications solution, is now available in the Denver area. Fully managed over Comcast’s network, Business VoiceEdge eliminates the need for expensive on-site PBX equipment or key systems, provides a manageable monthly cost, and delivers high service quality to improve communications and productivity.
Comcast Business VoiceEdge also provides a full suite of unified communications (UC) features and high definition (HD) voice quality, helping today’s multi-site organizations and mobile workforces communicate more efficiently. The service will be available throughout the greater Denver area. The service is now offered across 39 states in Comcast’s network.
“Colorado has a diverse range of companies and industries that rely on voice services to stay connected to employees and customers who are ‘on the go’ more than ever before,” said Shawn Adamson, vice president at Comcast Business, Mile High region. “The addition of our cloud-based voice service allows customers to quickly and easily add reliable, HD-quality calling with a full set of UC features to help them communicate better and get business done faster.”
Business VoiceEdge recently received the top ranking for the second consecutive year in the Infonetics 2013 North America Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard
, and provides customers with an affordable solution with unlimited nationwide calling, state-of-the-art Polycom phones at no additional charge, HD audio, and advanced UC and mobility features, including:
- Be Anywhere: Lets workers live the one number lifestyle by integrating their work line with their mobile device, home office or other locations to have calls follow them or push/pull them between devices without having to disconnect and then reconnect the call.
- Voicemail-to-email: Voice messages conveniently reach “anytime, anywhere” workers when away from the office or working remotely by sending a copy of the voicemail to their email.
- Telephony Toolbar: A downloadable client that enables click-to-dial and service management from within Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Business Voice Continuity: Redirect calls to back-up numbers if there is a power outage or other on-site issues to keep business operating.
- Multi-Location Simplicity and Commonality: On-net calling between sites using extensions, unified calling experience, add new locations quickly, and share call handling (receptionist, hunt groups and auto attendants) across offices.
Comcast Business VoiceEdge is the latest addition to the Comcast suite of voice solutions, which include Business Class Voice
, a voice line service designed for small businesses, and Business Class Trunks
, an intelligent phone service for larger organizations that works with existing PBX equipment and provides scalability and security using Comcast’s advanced IP network. Business VoiceEdge is delivered over Comcast’s advanced network, which spans 20 of the nation’s top 25 markets, and is monitored by multiple Network Operations Centers (NOCs) for 24x7x365 support.
More information on Business VoiceEdge and Comcast’s full suite of voice and unified communications offerings can be found here.
About Comcast Business:
Comcast Business, a unit of Comcast Cable, provides advanced communication solutions to help organizations of all sizes meet their business objectives. Through a modern, advanced network that is backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast delivers Business Internet, TV and Voice services for cost-effective, simplified communications management.
The Comcast Business Ethernet suite offers high-performance point-to-point and multi-point Ethernet services with the capacity to deliver cloud computing, software-as-a-service, business continuity/disaster recovery and other bandwidth-intensive applications. Comcast Ethernet services are significantly faster than standard T1 lines and other legacy technologies, providing scalable bandwidth from 1 Mbps up to 10 Gigabits-per-second (Gbps) in more than 20 major US markets.
For more information, call 866-429-3085.
About Comcast Cable:
Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to businesses and residential customers. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com
for more information.
Davies Murphy Group