Comprehensive Ethernet portfolio and unparalleled network reach drove market share gains that propelled company onto analyst firm's U.S. Carrier Ethernet LEADERBOARD
PHILADELPHIA – February 12, 2014
– Comcast Business today announced that it was named the fastest growing Ethernet provider on Vertical Systems Group's 2013 U.S. Carrier Ethernet LEADERBOARD
. Comcast is ranked in eighth position on the research firm's latest LEADERBOARD based on year-end 2013 U.S. business Ethernet port share results. Vertical Systems Group is recognized worldwide as a leading market research firm and its LEADERBOARD is the industry's foremost benchmark for measuring Ethernet provider market presence based on billable retail port installations.
This latest industry recognition of Comcast's Ethernet market momentum follows the company being named the Metro Ethernet Forum's (MEF) Service Provider of the Year
in its 2013 Carrier Ethernet Awards for North America. The MEF also announced last year that Comcast Business was the first service provider in the world to achieve MEF CE 2.0 Certification
, an industry milestone.
As the only new entrant on the LEADERBOARD, Comcast Business has capitalized on businesses moving to Ethernet with significant customer traction across a number of key vertical markets in the past year, including:
- Healthcare – hospitals, clinics and physician networks such as Utah Cancer Specialists, Inspira Health Network and Grady Health System are using Comcast Business Ethernet to drive digital healthcare initiatives like telemedicine and electronic medical records.
- Professional Sports – teams across multiple sports, including the Oakland Athletics and Denver Broncos, are adding Comcast Business Ethernet to their rosters for more scalable Internet access to support staff, media and a more connected game day experience for fans.
- Hospitality – hotels, property management firms, bars and restaurants such as McMenamins, Hersha Hospitality Group, Raymond Management Company and Hawthorn Suites are installing Comcast Business Ethernet to deliver a better guest experience.
- Incubators and tech hubs – business incubators, tech hubs and business communities, including Cambridge Innovation Center, 1776 (Washington, D.C.) and Pease International Tradeport, are upgrading to Comcast Business Ethernet to provide a scalable technology platform to support growing businesses.
"Our deep network reach, extensive service availability and proactive customer support down to the premises all have made Comcast Business Ethernet the choice for enterprise customers looking for a flexible, scalable and cost-effective network solution," said Scott Cassell, senior director, Product Management, Comcast Business. "As our Ethernet business continues to accelerate, we look forward to providing even more customers with an alternative to slower technologies from legacy providers."
About Comcast Business:
Comcast Business, a unit of Comcast Cable, provides advanced communication solutions to help organizations of all sizes meet their business objectives. Through a next-generation network that is backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast delivers Business Internet, Ethernet, TV and a full portfolio of Voice services for cost-effective, simplified communications management.
For more information, call 866-429-3085.
About Comcast Cable:
Comcast Cable is the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to businesses and residential customers. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com
for more information.
About Vertical Systems Group:
Vertical Systems Group is recognized worldwide as a leading market research and strategic consulting firm specializing in defensible quantification of the networking industry. For more information see www.verticalsystems.com
. Follow us on Twitter @VerticalSys
Davies Murphy Group