Six entrepreneurs each win additional $20,000 cash, a trip to Philadelphia and consultation with business innovation experts
PHILADELPHIA – June 1, 2015
– Comcast Business
announced that six businesses from across the U.S. – three entrepreneurs and three startup businesses – have been named grand prize winners in the “Innovations 4 Entrepreneurs
” program, a national competition that awards cash and consultation services to aspiring firms who are putting technology into action to grow their business and enhance profitability.
The grand prize winners come from a wide range of industries and locations across the U.S. The six winners include:
- Act II Consignment – Littleton, Colo. A consignment boutique for fashion clothing and accessories.
- Fresh Co Home, Inc. – Bloomfield, Mich. A building company providing home improvement services such as painting, roofing, siding and gutters.
- Camp Curiosity, Curiosity Shoppe & Toddler Center – Doylestown, Pa. Provides educational programs and summer camps for children, ranging from infants to teenagers.
- The Training Room Physical Therapy – Garnet Valley, Pa. Offers sports and orthopedic physical therapy and rehabilitation services for athletes and active individuals
- Noggin Builders – Northbrook, Ill. Provides educational classes, events and summer camps for children ages 2 to 12.
- Big Minds – Pinole, Calif. An interest-based school for 2e (twice exceptional) elementary children.
Each grand prize winner will receive an additional $20,000 cash award as well as an all-expenses-paid trip to Comcast headquarters in Philadelphia where they will receive one-on-one consulting with national business innovation experts:
- Sam Schwartz, Chief Business Development Officer at Comcast Cable
- Louis Toth, Managing Director for Comcast Ventures
- Robert Irvine, restauranteur, TV celebrity and entrepreneur
- Patrick Fitzgerald, MBA & Undergraduate Entrepreneurship Lecturer at the Wharton School of The University of Pennsylvania and DreamIt Ventures Managing Director
Previously, each of the 32 regional winners (including one entrepreneur and one startup from each of the 16 Comcast Business regions) won a $10,000 cash award. With the additional $20,000 granted to grand prize winners, the final six businesses now each have a total of $30,000 to use for technology that creates innovative ways to connect with customers, manage back office operations more efficiently, or create a new line of business.
“Now in our second year of the I4E program, we have again seen compelling stories and business plans from top entrepreneurs and startups around the country,” said Denice Hasty, senior vice president, Marketing and Product Management, Comcast Business. “At Comcast Business, we believe that the smart, strategic use of technology can elevate small businesses to a whole new level and position them for success both today and in the future.”
About Comcast Business
Comcast Business, a unit of Comcast Cable, provides advanced communication solutions to help organizations of all sizes meet their business objectives. Through a next-generation network that is backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast delivers Business Internet, Ethernet, TV and a full portfolio of Voice services for cost-effective, simplified communications management.
For more information, call (866) 429-3085.