Download this article as a PDF >FREMONT, Calif. – December 5, 2016
– Comcast Business today announced it has completed installation of a nearly $4 million fiber optic network expansion across the City of Fremont, California, bringing Gigabit speeds to local businesses in 238 buildings. The expansion – which included laying over 18 miles of new fiber – brings high-performance Ethernet, internet and voice solutions to enterprises and small businesses in the area, giving them access to the tools they need to remain competitive and scale as the need arises.
“We identified Fremont as a city with high-tech companies ready to grow but that lacked the internet capacity needed to launch critical applications, support business operations and attract new employees,” said Ted Girdner, Comcast’s regional vice president of Business Services for California. “We rolled out our Ethernet solutions so Fremont businesses can put their focus where it needs to be – on delivering exemplary services to their current customers, and looking ahead to expansion and continued growth. We didn’t just roll-out fiber, we laid a foundation that Fremont will be able to continue to develop and live off of for years to come.”
The fourth most populous city in the San Francisco Bay Area, Fremont is the largest suburb in Alameda County. The City recently celebrated the 60th anniversary of its incorporation this past January. Fremont’s economy is heavily comprised of organizations in the industrial, manufacturing, small business and technology sectors.
“The expansion brings high-capacity network services to our many local companies that were in need of high-performance communications services,” said Bill Harrison, mayor of Fremont. “This investment by Comcast will benefit our local businesses, their employees and our overall economy by firmly placing Fremont on the map as a Bay Area technological hub.”
Comcast Business serves schools, businesses, hospitals and other organizations that require large amounts of bandwidth, are looking to link multiple locations or branch locations, or that plan to connect their offices to a third-party data center. Services offered include:
• Ethernet Private Line: Point-to-point connectivity between two customer sites for bandwidth-intensive applications.
• Ethernet Virtual Private Line: Point-to-multipoint connection to enable customers to tailor bandwidth, performance characteristics and cost.
• Ethernet Network Service: Multipoint-to-multipoint connectivity to connect organizations with high-bandwidth requirements and multiple locations across Comcast’s network.
• Ethernet Dedicated Internet: Continuous, high-bandwidth connectivity between customers’ LANs and the public internet.
About Comcast Business:
Comcast Business offers Ethernet, Internet, Wi-Fi, Voice, TV and Managed Enterprise Solutions to help organizations of all sizes transform their business. Powered by a next-generation, fiber-based network, and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market; recognized over the last two years by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
For more information, call 866-429-3085. Follow on Twitter @ComcastBusiness and on other social media networks at http://business.comcast.com/social.
About Comcast Cable:
Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.