Comcast to Trial X1 Video Platform for Business Customers
Comcast Business “X1 for Business” Trials Begin with Hospitality Industry
“Comcast is poised to disrupt the $3 billion United States business TV market with X1 for Business,” said Greg Ireland, multiscreen video analyst at IDC. “Products and solutions that have generated excellent results on the residential side can help businesses, particularly in the hospitality industry, gain an edge in attracting new and returning consumers.”
The following X1 features will be trialed with hotels:
- Voice Control: The X1 voice remote lets customers quickly and easily find the shows they’re looking for – with just the sound of their voice.
- Pause/Rewind Live TV: X1 for Business will allow guests to pause or rewind live television.
- Free-to-Guest On Demand: A growing selection of on demand TV shows and movies – easy to find and discover through the advanced X1 guide.
- Sports: The X1 Sports app brings real-time scores and statistics for sports like baseball, football, basketball and NASCAR, alongside the in-game action.
- Accessibility: The X1 talking guide is the industry’s first and only voice-enabled television user interface that reads aloud selections like program titles, network names and time slots, serving as a solution for TV fans who have a visual disability.
- Language of Choice: Bicultural customers can quickly change the guide and channel listings from English to Spanish and find Spanish-language and SAP-enabled programming through advanced filtering directly within the experience.
“X1 has transformed entertainment for our residential customers, and starting our X1 B2B trials with hotels is a natural extension as this industry focuses on providing guests with all of the comforts from home, including a great TV watching experience,” said Denice Hasty, senior vice president, Marketing and Product Management, Comcast Business. “We are just getting started, but we are excited about the prospects for X1 expansion.”
X1 is a cloud-based platform that lets users search and navigate live TV as well as select free on demand movies and TV shows in a simple, fast and intuitive way. First launched in 2012, Comcast is now aggressively installing X1 in customers’ homes at a rate of 40,000 per day. About 35 percent of video customers already have X1 and the company plans to increase that number to 50 percent by the end of 2016.
Comcast Business began by offering solutions to small businesses in 2006, and in 2011 expanded to mid-sized organizations. In 2015, Comcast announced its expansion into the large enterprise market with the launch of the Comcast Business Enterprise Solutions unit. Since 2010, Comcast has invested $4.9 billion in Business Services.
About Comcast Business:
Comcast Business offers Ethernet, Internet, Wi-Fi, Voice, TV and Managed Enterprise Solutions to help organizations of all sizes transform their business. Powered by a next-generation, advanced network, and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. Comcast Business is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market; recognized over the last two years by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
For more information, call 866-429-3085. Follow on Twitter @ComcastBusiness and on other social media networks at http://business.comcast.com/social.
About Comcast Cable:
Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone provider to residential customers under the XFINITY brand and also provides these services to businesses. Comcast has invested in technology to build an advanced network that delivers among the fastest broadband speeds, and brings customers personalized video, communications and home management offerings. Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) is a global media and technology company. Visit www.comcastcorporation.com for more information.