Data Center and Cloud Connectivity
However, accessing those off-premises resources via the Internet has left some IT groups concerned about connection reliability and performance. To address these challenges, Comcast Business has extended its fiber network into several hundred data centers across the United States, and has built direct connectivity to leading cloud service providers.
As businesses move data-intensive applications and work flows off-premises, the growing expectation is for those resources to perform as if they were inside the company’s network, without frustrating transmission delays or interruptions. Ethernet has become the technology of choice for seamlessly integrating off-premises resources into an application delivery chain, for multiple reasons.
First, Ethernet is already the protocol used to connect computing devices together in the local area network (LAN). By extending that same technology into the wide area network (WAN), from desktop-to-data center, routers and protocol conversions are avoided, providing a simple, elegant, yet high-performance transmission solution. In addition, Ethernet connectivity allows a business to bypass the Internet, providing a private connectivity environment and improving network availability. Lastly, users get a Service Level Agreement using private Ethernet connectivity, an option that’s not available over the Internet, where transmission is “best effort.”
Comcast Business has one of the largest Ethernet footprints in the country, with over 1 million Ethernet-enabled buildings on its network – greatly increasing the chances your location can take advantage of Ethernet service. Our broad suite of Ethernet services are Carrier Ethernet 2.0 certified by the Metro Ethernet Forum, with bandwidth increments ranging from 10MB to multi-gigabit. As data creation continues to explode, perhaps the most welcome relief Ethernet provides a business is the ability to scale rapidly, just like their computer services in the cloud.
- Virtual Servers
- Cloud Storage
- Big Data
- Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery
- Application Development and Testing
Data Center Partners
While customers maintain a direct relationship with their data center, they can depend on Comcast to take the responsibility of managing their network. This includes any cross connects required between the Comcast network and the appropriate termination point.
Contact your Comcast Business account team regarding availability of connectivity options at specific data center locations.
Digital Realty focuses on delivering customer-driven data center solutions by providing secure, reliable and cost-effective facilities that meet each customer’s unique data center needs. Digital Realty’s customers include domestic and international companies across multiple industry verticals ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, health care and consumer products. Digital Realty's 130 properties are located in 33 markets throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Equinix, Inc. (Nasdaq: EQIX), provides connectivity and access to more than 1,000 cloud and IT service providers through our global platform of 95+ data centers across five continents. Equinix leads the data center industry in global reach, network choice, customer diversity, interconnection density and operational expertise. That’s why more than 4,000 companies choose Equinix data centers to connect them directly to customers, business partners and leading cloud and IT service providers.Learn More >
CoreSite delivers network-dense, cloud-enabled data center solutions offering the optimal combination of scalability, network connectivity and interconnected communities to customers participating in the Open Cloud Exchange and the CoreSite Mesh. The CoreSite Mesh is the community of networks, cloud and IT providers, content companies, and enterprises interconnecting in and through our data center campuses to propel new levels of performance and growth.Learn More >
CyrusOne (NASDAQ: CONE) specializes in highly reliable, enterprise-class, carrier-neutral data center properties. The company provides mission-critical data center facilities that protect and ensure the continued operation of IT infrastructure for more than 500 customers, including nine of the global Fortune 20 and more than 100 of the Fortune 1000. CyrusOne’s data center offerings provide flexibility, reliability, and security and are delivered through a tailored, customer-service-focused platform designed to foster long-term relationships.Learn More >
Comcast Business Ethernet facilitates secure direct access from anywhere inside our extensive nationwide network footprint to leading cloud environments in multiple data center locations across the country. By doing so we address one of the leading fears in cloud migration, network security, and bring the performance and scalability of Ethernet to the cloud.
For more information select one of the providers below to see how you can get private, secure, elastic, direct connectivity to the cloud.
Learn More >
Learn More >
Top 10 Reasons To Use Comcast Business to Connect To Your Data Center
10. Best in Breed – Comcast Business partners with high-quality data centers in each local market, simplifying your data center migration project
9. Security – Sensitive data traverses only the Comcast private network
8. Diverse Path – Comcast Business shares no infrastructure with the telcos, providing network diversity to users, minimizing points of failure
7. Customer Experience – 4 out of 5 times our Ethernet customers have an outage, we open a ticket before they do. We let many customers know of resolved issues before they noticed they had one.
6. High Performance – Ethernet is perfect for latency-intolerant, business-critical applications
5. Ethernet Leader – Comcast Business was the first carrier in the world to get the MEF Carrier Ethernet 2.0 designation
4. Big Network Reach – A million plus Ethernet enabled buildings means chances are good that within our territory we can provide you service
3. Network Vigilance – Unlike other service providers, we monitor your network all the way to your premises, where it matters most to you.
2. Well-Connected – We have several hundred data centers on our network, ready to connect to you
1. Award Winning – Comcast Business won of the Metro Ethernet Forum’s 2014 Ethernet Excellence Awards including Service of the Year and Ethernet Person of the Year, President Bill Stemper.
Sorry, we are unable to confirm your availability. Check your information and try again.
While we offer service in most areas, please use this tool to make sure there’s availability near you.
Request a Consultation
Please correct the following errors
- Invalid First Name
- Invalid Last Name
- Invalid Company Name
- Invalid Street Address
- Invalid Suite or Unit Number
- Invalid City
- Invalid Email Address
- Invalid Phone Number
- Invalid Extension Number
- Invalid State
- Invalid Zip code
- Please select the LOB service
- Company size is required
- Invalid Sales Representative First Name
- Invalid Sales Representative Last Name
Award-Winning Business Products
Comcast is trusted by more than 1 million businesses who use our services each and every day.
Committed to Enterprise Customers
Comcast Business is committed to delivering on the promise of providing customers the most reliable technology services.
SOC 2 Certification
Comcast Business Ethernet service meets SOC 2 standards for availability, processing integrity and security. www.aicpa.org/soc